All about Father’s Day
Father’s Day is this Sunday. A special day for the Dad in our lives. It’s the day when we tell our Dad how much he means to us and how lucky we are to have him in our life.
This is the perfect week-end to fire up the grill to barbeque something for Dad.Be sure to head out to BC Farm Fresh to pick up the perfect item to grill; whether that be some great beef, chicken, turkey, pork or vegetables.
To celebrate Dad and to get you ready for Father’s Day; a week of fun facts and ideas for Dad.
- The person credited for inventing the concept of Father’s Day is Mrs. Sonora Smart Dodd, an American whose father had raised his six children single-handedly.
- While Mother’s Day holds the record for most phone calls, Father’s Day has the most collect calls
- Father’s Day makes up the fifth-largest card-sending holiday after Christmas, Valentine’s Day and Mother’s Day.
- One of the most common gifts associated with Father’s Day is a necktie, followed by flowers. Other items high on the list of Father’s Day gifts include those items you may find in dad’s toolbox such as hammers, wrenches and screwdrivers. Other presents for dad have a sporty theme: Golf clubs and fishing rods.
- In the US, spending on Father’s Day is estimated to be about $12.7 billion this year. Americans spend about $21 billion on Mother’s Day.
- Rose is the official flower for Father’s Day. Wearing a red rose signifies a living father, while white one represents deceased father.