Celebrate Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is this week-end. It really is one of those days that we should all stop and take notice of the special woman or women in our lives that have been there for us through thick and thin.
Are you ready to celebrate one of the most important persons in your life?
BC Farm Fresh has some Mother’s Day ideas and fun facts to get you ready.
- Mother’s Day may have some ancient roots in Greek and Roman traditions. But the Mother’s Day we know was first celebrated in early 1900s.
- Mother’s Day sees more phone calls than any other Sunday of the year; phone calls increase up to 37% on Mother’s Day
- 133 million cards exchanged annually, making it the third-largest card-sending holiday after Christmas and Easter.
- Top choices for Mom: nearly 80 percent of those who honored the holiday bought a card. Almost 70 percent purchased flowers. In fact, of all the flowers bought for holidays, one quarter are purchased for Mother’s Day. Other popular gifts include: jewelry, dinner or lunch in a restaurant, gift cards, clothing and treats such as a trip to a spa, books, CDs, housewares and gardening tools.
- Mother’s Day is celebrated in close to 50 countries around the world.
- Anything from the garden; including patio planters, spring baskets, flowering plants and shrubs.
- Cut flowers
- Cooking classes for her or even better for you and then you offer to cook her dinner
- Potted flowering plants – potted mums, cyclamen
- Honey, jam, mead, wine