Blueberry Super Food Salad
Here’s an amazing salad that features kale, blueberries and quinoa – powerful!
Recipe courtesy of BC Blueberry Council
Yields 4 portions
- 2 cups (200 g) raw kale, stem removed and chopped
- 1.5 cups (225 g) B.C Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1.5 cups (225 g) Cooked quinoa, cooled (2/3 cup uncooked quinoa)
- 1 cup (150 g) Raw beet, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp (30 g) Hemp hearts
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) Flax lemon vinaigrette (see recipe below)
- ¼ cup (35 g) Sunflower seeds
Flax Lemon Vinaigrette: Yields 1/3 cup
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Flax seed oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Honey
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Pepper
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) Salt
- ¼ tsp (1.5 ml) Turmeric powder (optional)
• In a bowl, whisk together, lemon juice, parsley, honey, lemon zest, pepper, salt, and turmeric.
• Slowly drizzle in the flax seed oil until emulsified.
• In a bowl combine kale, blueberries, cooled quinoa, grated beet, hemp hearts and flax lemon vinaigrette.
• Top with sunflower seeds.