Deviled Egg Chicks
Just in time for Easter. The kids will love this fun and tasty snack for Spring.
- 4 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 2-3 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp honey mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- orange pepper
- 8 peppercorns (for eyes)
- Hard boil the eggs and let them cool completely.
- Peel the eggs. Cut a small amount off the rounded, larger end so that the eggs sit flat on the counter. Don’t worry if the egg appears to not have a solid bottom, the filling will be stiff enough to stay in the egg. Next cut about 1/3 of the way through the thinner, rounded end of the egg. Carefully scoop out the hard cooked yolk into a bowl or push it out through the larger end.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Using a sandwich bag as an ‘icing’ bag, pipe the egg yolk back into the eggs. You will need to mound it a bit at the top to form the heads of the chicks.
- Cut a tiny triangle out of orange pepper and press on the front for a beak, then add the peppercorns for eyes. Press the top on for the top of the egg. Put them on a plate and serve!