Easy Apple Cake
The sun may still be shining, but anytime this cake it made, it makes me feel like I should be bundled up under a blanket by the fire! As it’s baking in the oven, it fills our kitchen with some of my favorite scents which symbolize the upcoming fall season. This cake is moist and delicious, with a hint of spice, and it’s versatile, too! Serve it for dessert, with tea, or as a coffee cake for breakfast! Whichever way you choose, our apples are perfect for this recipe.
Thanks to Lepp Farm Market for this recipe!
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup Lepp’s Apple Cider
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 5 medium apples, peeled cored and chopped
- Use tart apples such as Granny Smiths or Ambrosia for the best flavor
- Orange Juice may be used instead of Apple Cider
- Combine sugar and cinnamon for topping; set aside.
- Beat first 5 cake ingredients in a large bowl
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into egg mixture, mixing until smooth. Spread half of the batter in a greased 9”x13” cake pan. Arrange apples over top. Sprinkle half of the topping mixture over the apples. Spread the remaining batter over top. Sprinkle with the remaining topping.
- Bake at 350F for 50-60 minutes, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Serve warm or cool.