Spicy Turkey Meatloaf
There’s nothing like the comfort of a good meatloaf to offset the November storms. This great recipe from J D Farms Specialty Turkey Store adds a twist to the usual recipe by adding some spice.
If you’re looking for some more spice in your life, try this one!
- 1 1/2 lb Mixed Ground JD Farms turkey
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup onion chopped finely
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chilies
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- In a large bowl, combine turkey with all other loaf ingredients. Mix thoroughly, then press firmly into a greased loaf pan (8.5″ x 4.5″).
- Mix glaze ingredients well in a small bowl. Pour over turkey loaf, just coating top of loaf.
- Bake at 350F for 60-70 minutes until meat thermometer placed in center of loaf reads 165F and meat is no longer pink in center. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
Per serving: 207 calories, 26g protein, 7g fat, 10g carbohydrates
Thanks to J D Farms Specialty Turkey Store for this great recipe.