Strawberry Cucumber Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing
Strawberries don’t only have to be featured in deserts and other sweet dishes. They can make a wonderful flavour and colour addition to salads. This recipe looks amazing, but it’s so simple with only four ingredients.
We found this recipe at Lepp Farm Market. The recipe is by Oh Sweet Basil.
Yield: Serves 8
- 2 pints strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, roughly peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Wash the strawberries and cucumbers. Stem the strawberries and slice them. You can slice as thin or as thick as you want.
- Peel the cucumbers roughly (see photos). Slice thin with a knife
- In a medium size bowl, layer the strawberries and cucumbers in a fan shape, one after the other. Keep going all the way around. Some like the have the bottom tip of the strawberry slices poking out the top, because they are redder and thus prettier.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
- This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but don’t add the dressing until right before serving.
- Store leftovers in a sealed Tupperware. There will be quite a bit of liquid released if you have leftovers. It can be poured on a green salad.
Source: This is a recipe from Oh Sweet Basil‘s cookbook, Our Sweet Basil Kitchen.