Chef Dez’s Greek Burgers
These quarter-pound burgers are full of Greek flavours. Also included is Chef Dez’s recips for Greek Tzatziki – perfect for serving on the burgers!
These burgers are celiac friendly as they have no breadcrumb filler, and serve them wrapped in lettuce leaves instead of buns. Enjoy!
- 500g Lepp’s lean ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 long English cucumber, grated
- 500g plain yogurt
- 3-4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp olive oil s
- alt and pepper to season
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and divide equally into four portions. Shape each portion into a burger patty.
- On a preheated BBQ, grill the burgers over medium flame until cooked through or alternatively in a preheated pan over medium heat. Approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side but an instant read thermometer is the way to go: 71 degrees C or 160 degrees F.
- Serve with Tzatziki, and lettuce, and optional tomato on your favourite burger buns.
Makes 4 burgers
- Put grated cucumbers in a clean towel or cheesecloth and squeeze to remove moisture. (Do not peel the cucumbers, as the skin contributes colour and nutrients.)
- Place drained cucumbers in a bowl, and add all the other ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours for the flavours to marry.
Makes approximately 3 cups
Recipe created by Chef Dez
For more great recipes from Lepps Farm Market: http://www.leppfarmmarket.com/about-recipes/